Transform Your Life
Women’s Treatment Centre – Abbotsford BC
Since our beginning in 1987, Peardonville House Treatment Centre has provided addiction services to over 5000 women and children. Our continuing commitment is to provide assistance to women who desire to break free of the negative consequences of addiction and become fully functioning members of their families and communities, while offering professional, compassionate childcare for their children.
Peardonville House Video Overview
Peardonville House Treatment Centre is located in a beautiful, rural area of Abbotsford. It was founded in 1987 as an adult women’s treatment facility to serve the ever increasing demand of services for women in addiction. In 1990, at the request of the provincial government, the “Moms and Kids” program was launched to allow women struggling with addiction to bring their under-school-age children to treatment with them and have them share in the residential recovery experience.
Clients are cared for by a Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatrist and Methadone doctor. Women receiving opiate antagonist therapy are welcome.
Intensive Treatment Program
A 10 week treatment program designed for women who want to stop the cycle of substance misuse in their life. The program includes Life Management Skills, Art Therapy, Sewing, Meditation, Yoga, Exercise, Relapse Prevention, Treatment Planning, access to trauma counselling post-treatment, personality testing, pre-employment workshops and more. This program is appropriate for women who are seeking an intense program of recovery, which includes group facilitation, group therapy and individual counseling support.
Mom’s & Tots
Women with children are expected to participate fully in the Peardonville House Intensive Residential program. Clients have the opportunity to bring their under-school-age children to treatment with them to share the family recovery experience. Mothers and children have specialized living quarters which enables them to live together as a single family unit. Mothers have access to professional daycare while they are in programming. However, the Mother is respected as the primary caregiver and is responsible for the safety and care of her children at all times.
Located on the same grounds as Peardonville House, Mollie’s Place is a specialized residential program designed for women who are seeking a safe haven from substance misuse but are not yet ready for an intense residential treatment program. Mollie’s residents are encouraged to participate in a modified treatment program at their own pace until they are ready to move over to the intensive program or go back home. Clients meet regularly with the Mollie’s House Coordinator and decide together when they feel ready to begin the intensive program. The goal of Mollie’s Place is to empower women to overcome barriers, meet their basic needs and teach life skills that will enable them to transition successfully either to the intensive program or back to their homes in the community.
Those women most suitable for admission to our stabilization and transitional living program, Mollie’s House, are women who may have a need for a longer period of time to adjust to and become anchored in the recovery process. These residents, should they choose, will be afforded the opportunity to transition into the more intensive Peardonville House program.
How much does treatment cost?
- Clients on social assistance are covered by the Ministry of Housing and Social Development (MHSD).
- Applicants wishing to be admitted who are clients of MHSD must have an “open” file with that ministry prior to admission.
- If a client is accepted in the last week of the month and has already received their MHSD payment for the following month, they will be required to pay that money to Peardonville House for their stay.
- Clients who are being paid for by their employer, union or insurance company must send written confirmation of payment to Peardonville House prior to admission.
- Self-paying clients must present a certified cheque or cash prior to admission.
- Mothers are also charged for each child accompanying them plus the cost of Day Care. If a client receives Day Care subsidy, it will be transferred to Peardonville House for the duration of their stay.
How do I apply for the program?
How soon will I get in after I apply?
What is the policy regarding prescription and non-prescription medication?
How much spending money will I need while a resident?
Can I bring my car or other mode of transportation (bike, roller blades)?
When are visiting hours?
What recreation is available?
Can I make or receive telephone calls or send letters?
Do I need to attend program every day?
What personal items should I bring?
Can I bring my cell phone or other electronics?
Will Peardonville House find a place for me to live following treatment?
FAQ for Moms and Kids:
My child has a specialist appointment. Can I keep this appointment?
Can I bring a blanket for my baby to use in their stroller/car seat?
What if my child needs to see a doctor?
What if my child gets hurt?
If I give the daycare money will they purchase diapers and wipes for me?
My child cannot sleep without his stuffed animal? Can I bring it if I wash it first?
My child has not had his vaccinations, can I get this done at Peardonville?
What if I am breast feeding?
What about my other child/children? Can they visit me? Can I call them?
Can my child visit with his/her father/grandparents during restrictions?
Do I bring food for my child?
How much is my child in the daycare?
Is there daycare on the weekends?
Can someone drop off diaper and wipes for me if I can’t come up with 3 week’s worth?
Client Checklist of What to Bring:
- Due to space restrictions, clients may only bring a 50 lb suitcase.
- Alcohol free personal hygiene products (shampoo, soap, toothbrush, etc.)
- Feminine products (tampons, pads)
- Comfortable and appropriate clothing and footwear
- Umbrella or rainproof jacket and shoes for walks
- Personal identification (necessary for payment)
- PRESCRIPTION for 3 weeks of medication
- DO NOT BRING MEDICATIONS – only bring the prescription
- DO NOT fill prescriptions as they must be filled by our pharmacist
- PRESCRIPTION for 3 weeks of methadone where applicable
- Alarm clock
- Fan for hot weather
- A clear water bottle
- Binder, pens, paper, journal
- Long distance payphone card
- Loonies and quarters for laundry ($2.25 per load)
- Tobacco products for a minimum of 3 weeks
- SEPTIC SAFE Laundry soap (e.g. TIDE) and dryer sheets
- A $20.00 Linen Deposit
- Money for the bus ride home
Mom’s checklist of what to bring
- Due to space restrictions, clients may only bring one 50 lb suitcase for mom and one 50 lb suitcase for each child along with diapers and wipes.
- Mother & Child’s Identification (necessary for daycare payment and medications)
- Diapers, Formula, pull ups and baby wipes for a minimum of 3 weeks
- Child’s immunization record
- Doctor’s letter regarding the general health of the children to be admitted, and stating that the children (and mother) are free of head lice and scabies
- Your child’s favorite toys (maximum of 3 – Please no stuffed animals or bedding)
What not to bring
- No electronics : Cellphones, MP3 players, iPods, laptops
- Movies/DVDs, Personal gaming devices
- Televisions/stereo equipment etc.
- Food or drink of any kind (including gum)
- Over the counter medications (including vitamins)
- Live plants
- Stuffed animals/bedding/towels
- Valuables or breakables
- Provocative/inappropriate clothing or reading materials
- Perfume or Body Spray (we are a scent-free zone)
- High heels
- Aerosol sprays
- Nail polish/nail polish remover
- We are on a septic system so must be careful about what goes down the drain. Therefore no:
- Products with bleach or fabric softener
- Hair Dye
- Bath salts
- Clients may not be on benzodiazepines or opiates
- Clients may not have any court appearances while at Peardonville House
- Clients will be on phone/visit restrictions for the first full 14 days of their stay
- Clients will not receive a day pass until the weekend after their 22nd day.
- (Mollie’s clients after their 29th day)
- Due to space restrictions, clients are limited to one 50 lb suitcase and one handbag
- Any additional belongings will be sent home upon arrival.
- Belongings will be searched upon arrival and all unsafe products will be removed.
Transform Your Life
Get Started Today
Phone: 604-856-3966 | Fax: 604-856-3120
Send Us A Message
Women's Treatment Centre
825 Peardonville Road,
V4X 2L8, Canada